How to wash and care for merino
• Merino doesn’t need to be washed after every wear, as the wool is naturally antibacterial and odour-resistant. Hang garments to air between wears instead.
• To wash merino wool, machine wash at 30ºC with a low spin.
• Using a wool detergent will help merino last longer. Avoid using fabric softener, which coats the fibres and make them less breathable.
• Hang merino wool to air dry and reshape while damp. The heat from tumble driers can cause fibres to shrink.
• Pilling will occur naturally with wear. This can be easily remedied with use of a pilling comb or a fabric shaver.
• Don’t forget to protect your merino from moths!